For the past four years, Rori at Between My Sheets has had the (un?)enviable task of compiling a list of the top 100 sex bloggers as nominated by readers and the writers themselves. I have felt very proud to have been nominated in the past three of those years with my highest ‘ranking’ at #22 last year (Cripes! Still astounded at that!).
August the 1st marked the opening of the nomination period for Year Five of the list.
This year has seen me make some brave choices in moving the blog forward. I have posted more pictures, done a couple of reviews and felt confident enough to ‘come out’ to the blogging and creative community in attending February’s Eroticon and the June Erotic Meet birthday bash – dragging Mister along with me! (It’s alright, he actually enjoyed the socialising).
If you are a regular, a newbie, or even a lurker – I would love it if you would simply consider whether you would take a moment to nominate here.
I don’t usually enjoy self-promotion (other than on Twitter!), but if I only get one chance this year – Nominate this Lady! Her smile will be worth it.
Now, enough of that self-reflection – I also will sharply encourage you to nominate more than one blog. There are so many excellent writers out there – some that make you hot under the collar, some that make you giggle and some that make you gape at in sheer awe. A few of which are to be found in my blogroll in my side bar. Please go along to their pages, some of whom will have nomination posts up too.
Rules: (taken from Rori’s page)
1. No nominating yourself. Feel free to post about nominations on your blog to encourage readers to nominate you.
2. Each nomination should include the blog url. I don’t know everyone, and some bloggers have the same names.
3. Blog content can be anything sex related -pictures/videos, erotica, sex ed/advice, opinion, poetry, personal journal. As long as the content is related to sexuality at least half of the time, it’s eligible. Nothing illegal, obviously.
4. The blog can’t be protected. It’s ok if a few of the posts are protected, but the entire blog can’t be behind a password.
5. The blog should be at least a year old, but anyone who’s been blogging since at least Jan. 1, 2012 will be considered. Special exceptions will be made for someone who has recently moved to a new blog, but was previously blogging somewhere else.
6. You can nominate as many bloggers as you like, but please try to limit to your very favorites.
7. The blog must be active, which means that the blogger posts at least once every week or so. When I judge in September, any blog with no posts during August or fewer than five posts since June 1 will be eliminated.
8. A few blogs have been retired! Those who have placed in the Top Ten three years in a row or who have been named as the top blog are retired to make room for new awesome bloggers on the list. Retired bloggers are: Sinclair Sexsmith, Coquitten (blog no longer available), Guy New York and the Dirty Gentleman, and Kendra Holliday.
9. Nominations close on August 31. I recommend nominating your favorites right now so you don’t forget. You an also come back and leave an additional comment with more nominations if you think of someone else who deserves to be on the list.